Moments of Insanity in a Strange New World

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

OK started my painting project



I'm doing a series of paintings for one of my best friends Ralph. I hope you're not reading this Ralph because you're not supposed to see these yet :)

It's a Yule present. The theme is for each Archangel and element associated with it. Thus the first one is Angel Gabriel and water and the Holy Grail which is the symbol/tool we use for our work in the West. I will be posting pictures as the paintings progress...I'm thrilled with painting again, it's something I need to do more of. I have another painting on done the blog if you want tosee more.

Unfortunately another one of mine is in a gallery atm and I didn't get a pic of it...my best one my Mom still has and I can't get her to send me.

Anyway - here it is, as it grows -

The plate is floating in a sea of waves, with rocks on it. There is a candle which isn't lit yet and the Holy Grail which - most likely was quite plain. The two feathers from Angel Gabriel are slowly coming but feathers are actually quite hard to paint, I've found out. I have't started the highlights or shadows yet...but it's coming.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looovee this painting...

very good honey...]
]

anonymously yours, your momma

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home