Moments of Insanity in a Strange New World

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My genetic heritage - how cool can this be?

Well my Father recently sent his results from his genetic heritage testing. You can get it done at http://www.dnatribes.com

I have a native match and a global match. The native match is the Top 20 results of native populations that have experienced minimal movement and admixture in the last 2000 years or so. These are your most likely deep ancestral origins.

The global match are a top 20 of a database of global populations, including native peoples and Diaspora groups that expanded and mixed with other ethnicities. This represents my closest genetic relatives today and whose blend of ancestry matches my own.

Remember - this is my Father. If we mixed my Mom into this we would most likely get more European stuff.

NATIVE MATCH
Han (Min Nan, China) - 4.2 out of 4.5
Kathmandu, Nepal - 2.4 out of 4.5
Native Mexican (Metztitlan City, Mexico) - 2.3 out of 4.5
Chol (Northeast Chiapas, Mexico) 2.2 out of 4.5

GLOBAL MATCH
Han (Min Nan, China) - 4.2 out of 4.5
Maori (New Zealand) - 3.6 out of 4.5
Hispanic 3.2

My Dad is a Chinese, Maori and Mexican mutt. What does that make me?

I'm OFF TO NEW ZEALAND BABY! I can go dance with the short aboriginals and claim a Shaman background just like I thought.

Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home